Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Thoughts || Be Still, My Soul

Life is hard.
We all suffer individually and feel alone at times. We can feel like no one truly loves us or understands us or what we may be going through.

You do not have to read this. In reality, I am writing this for my own purpose, but if you do continue to read.
 Thank You.

I love my church.
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and today I was sitting in my sacrament meeting and felt an overwhelming sense of comfort and suddenly I had a thought that I should write a post about what I am feeling and thinking.
Someone gave a talk about service and comfort and love.
With my car troubles that occurred this week, I tried to keep everything in and be brave and not let others really know how scared and lonely and angry I was. Even you guys, my readers.

Yesterday I posted my Wonderful Wednesday quote, quite late. Even though I said I was positive or trying to be positive, it was incredibly hard. I started to get frustrated last night as I was babysitting my cousin. Every small thing that happened frustrated me and I realized, I wasn't being positive. I felt alone and like the world was against me, mainly because of my car. My mom drove in late last night and I gave her a hug and cried for the first time in several days.  My mom gives me comfort when I need it. And so does the church.

I know there are others out there who need the help and comfort from others and know that I am here and I would be happy to hear what you are going through and to help you in any way I can. 

I love to serve and I love to help others. It is true that usually I am positive, but we can't all be happy and positive all the time. It's pretty much impossible. But, I know that people are out there to help us. Like my mom. Our my church.

And so today, I opened the hymn book to one of my favorite hymns.
"Be Still, My Soul"

"Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side. With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide; in every change he faithful will remain. Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly friend thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still my soul: Thy God doth undertake to guide the future as he has the past. Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake; all now mysterious shall be brought at last.  Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on when we shall be forever with the Lord, when disappointment, grief, and fear are gone; sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored. Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last."
Text by Katharins Von Schlegal and Janee Borthwuch. Music by Jean Sibelius

I love this hymn. It brings me peace every time I sing it, but today it struck me even harder and I felt completely comforted, loved and understood. Not by any one physically next to me, but by the Spirit. I know my Savior and Father in Heaven are there and know exactly what I fear and what is on my mind.

"Be still, my soul; The Lord is on thy side."
I know he is.
"With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide."
It may be hard to just trust in the Lord, I know if I do, I will be blessed and love and comforted.
"Stand with those in need of comfort"
I know I have felt that today, with my mom and with the Gospel.

"When disappointment, grief and dead are gone, sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored. Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last."

I feel this and love this and known that eventually my sorrow and grief will be gone and I will be blessed and loved and I will be changed and better. 

The scripture that goes along with this hymn is:
Doctrine and Covenants 101: 14-16
"And all they who have mourned shall be comforted. 
And all they who have given their lives for my name shall be crowned.
Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know what I am God"

I know this is true and I know that if you seek comfort and love and serve others you kind find the comfort you need.
I love you all and I hope you can feel the peace in your life to fill your life with joy.

With that being said, I love you so much!

LOVE,
KM


No comments:

Post a Comment