Friday, August 14, 2015

Miracles

Over the past month, I've witnessed several miracles and I thought I would share to of them with you, but I'm going to tell the one that happened most recently first and tell the one that happened first last.

My sister was canoeing in the lake with my cousins who were on a paddle board. They were in pretty deep water. They were playing and suddenly, my 9 year old cousin fell in. She floated because she had a life jacket on, but she couldn't get back on the board, so my sister jumped in and tried to help her, but in the process, her really nice and favorite glasses fell into the water. They started looking for them, but couldn't find them because they were in deep water and it was pretty dark. So my mom and I dove in to try and find them because we both are pretty great swimmers, but we couldn't find them.
5 days later, our last day there, after a lot of us were praying really hard, my cousins were back out on the water and were in the same area and suddenly they said they could see them, so my sister went in to find them, but she couldn't. So after a while, she asked me to help. I hate cold water, and the lake was freezing, but I dove in. After a little bit, we couldn't find them and my sister started saying that we should just give up, but I kinda yelled at her saying "I did not dive in for no reason." So I prayed again and continued looking. Suddenly we saw them. The water was really clear and we could see to the bottom even though it was 8-10 feet deep, at least. I went under for them, but didn't make it, so I started coming up and thought I was at the surface and let out my breath but water came in and I swallowed at least half a cup of lake water. 
After catching my breath, I dove in again and retrieved the glasses and we all cheered. 

The miracle is, they shouldn't have been able to be seen or found, but we saw clear water and were able to retrieve them.

The big miracle to me:
I have a security blanket, but it's not a blanket, it's a stuffed dog that I have had since I was a really little girl.  I got her soon after my grandparents' dog, Summer died, so I named the dog Summer and I don't think I have ever gone more than one day without having her on my bed at night. 
When I was in Spain for my choir tour in May , I accidentally left her on my hotel bed when we left that hotel. That was way back in the beginning of May. Near the end of May I emailed the hotel asking if they had seen it, but I got no response. So I gave up thinking that I would ever see her again.
My parents sent me to replacement stuffed dogs, but it's not the same, though I love those too.
If you have a security blanket, you know that nothing can replace them and they are precious. 
I had been praying to find her for a long time. Then a few weeks ago, I had a thought that I should email the hotel again. Two days later, I received an email that they had found Summer! I was worried it wasn't her exactly, but after a week of emailing back and forth and figuring things out, she was in the mail and her way back home to me.
She arrived in the mail when I was California and I asked my grandpa to open the package so I could see f it was really her. 
It was!!
I'm so grateful for these miracles and I know that miracles do happen, especially when we need them the most!

LOVE,

KM

No comments:

Post a Comment