Sunday, September 20, 2015

Wonderful Wednesday || Open Your Heart


"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."
-Johnny Depp

This rings truth from top to bottom.  What I feel like it means, is that you shouldn't shut out the world because you are too afraid to feel.  Sometimes, it can be hard to let yourself feel because it can hurt.  You might get hurt, and it might hurt to feel or let anyone in because you don't want to hurt and feel this pain.  But you can't close your heart.  If you try, you are just going to hurt even more.  Eventually, you are going to need to open up, and it will hurt even more then.  If you open up now, then you won't hurt as much.

Yet, it is true that you can't close your heart, because if you do, you are no longer you.

My advice to you is to just let yourself be you.  Let yourself feel.  Feel the good.  Feel the bad.  Let yourself hurt, let yourself love.  But, it is okay to keep a little wall up, but make sure you aren't hurting yourself, but make sure you can let other feelings in.

I hope I made some sense and made some of your Wednesdays more Wonderful.
I love you all, and if you know someone who needs to hear this, share it, because anyone I can make better, even if I don't know it, will brighten my day too.

LOVE,
KM

No comments:

Post a Comment