Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sunday Thoughts || Pride

Today was my first day in my new ward here in Florida.
It was great! But because it is a new ward, I was a little bit out of it, and didn't take a lot of notes-to be honest, I was updating my personal journal that I haven't written in in a few weeks.
Yet, from what I got out of it was pride.

Pride is something that a lot of people, myself can be included, need to watch out for.
Pride can be evil.
Pride can take over a lot of people's lives.  

So, I really liked some of the quotes by Ezra Taft Benson that were in the book that we take our lessons from.

"Pride is characterized by 'What do I want out of life?' rather than by 'What would God have me do with my life?'  It is self-will as opposed to God's will.  It is the fear of man over the fear of God."
"To the proud, the applause of the world rings in their ears; to the humble, the applause of heaven warms their hearts."

Going along with pride.
Try not to care about others and their pride and what they think of you.
I struggle with this a lot!  It doesn't matter what you do, you can't change their minds about you.  Be yourself.  Don't worry.  And don't try and change yourself to fit someone else's opinion.

In the lesson, there was a quote that President Benson was reminded of often by his wife: "Don't worry about the world's opinion of you as long as you're right with the Lord."

That is all the food for thought.  But I hope I made some of your thoughts more spiritual on this wonderful Sunday.

LOVE,
KM

No comments:

Post a Comment