Thursday, June 4, 2015

NEW THOUGHTS AND MARA

Tonight I'm not feeling really great!
I was feeling fine all day,
But come dinner, I started feeling a little down
A little under the weather.
But, my family had some guests coming for dinner,
So I tried to not let it get bad.

While, I'm feeling ill,
I decided that I would talk a little about what can be seen in the future!

One, I have now created a new YouTube channel under the name KestraMarie
I had one before, but I wasn't impressed with it, so I'm changing some videos
And I will be uploading new ones.
Also, on this blog, I'm hoping to be posting stuff more often,
About many different things.

Finally, come this fall, I'll be posting on both YouTube and here,
All of my DCP adventures!!!!

But this post, I want to write one last thing.
I went to the library this week and got a few books to read.
Currently I am reading an older book:
Mara, Daughter of the Nile
By Eloise Jarvis McGraw

I am only on page 45, but I am enjoying it.
At first, I wasn't sure about it.  
The first couple pages were hard to dive into,
At least for me,
But now, I really like it.

It is about a slave girl, who has almost found freedom.
She has no idea where she was born, or pretty much anything about herself
But, she does know what she wants in life.
As a slave, Mara has some guts with what she does;
She definitely has a mind of her own.

Again, I'm not very far into it, 
But from the back cover summary,
I know she will become a double spy.

It takes place in ancient Egypt.
And it does mention Egypt gods and names and words.
It makes me want to research more about ancient Egyptian myths.

I am so ready to dive into this book.
I will let you know how I like the book in the end.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

LOVE,
KM

No comments:

Post a Comment