Sunday, April 5, 2015

Rare Bible Exhibit

Yesterday, my family and I had the great opportunity to go to 
Zions Mercantile at The Shops at Riverwoods in Provo, UT 
in between LDS General Conference sessions.

There they were having a Rare Bible Exhibit.
There were so many bibles from different places and ages around the world,
and only one of them was a replica.
The rest were originals.
There were also other things amongst the bibles, like letters.

Here are some pictures I took:

 It's a little blurry, but if you look in the left hand corner, it says "The Parable of the Vinegar." 
Not "The Parable of the Vineyard." Because of that, it was nicknamed the Vinegar Bible.
This Bible was in King George's castle I believe, and never left it.


As you can see by the little description, this was Marie Antoinette's Bible.


This was a letter of Marie Antoinette, and below you can see her signature.


This was the only replica.  The little card says it is an exact handmade replica of the Gutenberg Bible.  Black is Printed and the Color is hand painted!



 This gun fired the shot "Heard Round The World" at the Battle of Lexington


 These are the hand written lyrics to "My Country Tis of Thee" and signed by the author himself.


This is a first edition Geneva New Testament.
 It was the First Version of the bible brought to America by the Pilgrims.  
Dated 1560.



This bible had all of these family trees printed in it.
This one was the family tree leading to Christ



This one originates with Adam and Eve.


Jacob's tree is listed below.






WINSTON CHURCHILL'S BOOK OF MORMON!!


A letter by Mother Teresa before she got the Noble Peace Prize


Helen Keller's Bible.  It was not in Brail.


This was Joseph Smith's Thumb Bible.  The only one he signed!


I got to hold it!!!





Brigham Young and Wilford Woodruff's Personal Copies of the Doctrine and Covenants.  
The picture below it is Brigham Young's signature!!



J.R.R Tolkien's Bible that he wrote stuff in!


Hyrum Smith's Book of Mormon!


Joseph Smith's own copy of the Book of Mormon


This is actually a case to hold the book in and protect it.


See?


First Edition of Les Miserables!!!!




I had a lot of fun there and hope you enjoy a sneak peak at what I had seen!
My next post will be up either later today or tomorrow.  It will be my thoughts on conference from the past two days!!  One of my favorite times of year!!!
And I will have another one filled with all of my Easter adventures!
And finally later this week, I will share something exciting, but you will just have to wait ;)

HAPPY EASTER!!! I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!!
I KNOW THAT HE LIVES!

LOVE,
KM

No comments:

Post a Comment