Wednesday, April 8, 2015

DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE!

After several years of hearing about it
And wanting to do it.
But being scared to.
I made the decision.

I APPLIED FOR THE DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM (DCP)!!!!

I applied this first weekend of March 2015.
I was in California for the weekend, visiting my family.
And, something happened, where DCP came up.
"When are you going to do it?"
I don't know...  I'm scared to.
And like always, I listed a whole bunch of reasons for why not to do it.

I'm not going to list all the reasons,
But after a little bit of convincing and thinking,
I decided to apply.
I spent an entire night filling out the application.
(And having several break downs.)

About 2 hours later, I received an email saying 
I was selected to participate in the Web-Based Interview.
I took the WBI the next day
And was immediately selected to schedule a phone interview.
I scheduled it for that upcoming Wednesday at 8:15 AM.
I had class at 10, so I needed to make sure it was a good time.
I woke up at about 6:45 and got ready.
I made myself look great because even though they couldn't seen me, 
I would feel better if I was looking great!
They called at 8:19.
I was freaking out!

Here are some pictures I took before the interview:

Nervous, and clutching Mickey Mouse to calm my nervous.

I always wear this necklace and wore it for courage and Good Luck.


My notes for the interview






I got off the phone, and seriously thought I did terrible!
I didn't know what to think exactly.
They didn't seem to ask me the questions that many people said they ask everyone.
They kind of did, but not entirely.
I was asked to keep my answers shorter because apparently I kept rambling.
However, the interviewer was extremely nice.

Almost a month later, I got an email.
I was in the middle of a class.
My mom was visiting and she wanted to come to my choir class, which was the class before.
She stayed for the next class too.
I got a text from my friend who is doing DCP right now asking if I heard anything yet.
I told her no.
Immediately I went on my email to double check,
And I got an email from WDW.

I reached over and squeezed my mom's hand, though she didn't know why.


I wanted to scream!!

I WAS ACCEPTED!!!!
I pulled some of my friends aside after class and told them and they were thrilled.
I told my family that night.
I thought about it.
And I made the decision to accept it!

I'm so excited!!!!!

I'll be having the time of my life.
And I'll be completing one of my dreams.
I'll be working at Disney!

I got a little nervous, 
Because my best friend, who is serving a mission for the LDS church,
Wanted to do DCP with me, but I felt like it was right for Fall Semester.

I emailed her and let her know, and she said:
KESTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally screamed when I read that (my companions can witness that). I am so excited for you!!! You have no idea. 
She said some other stuff, but I'm so so so excited that she's excited for me!
I'M THRILLED!
DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE!!!

I will be posting more about it as it comes and as I do it, 
But I thought I'd show that Dreams can come true!
If you go after your dreams, and focus on the good of it, and go after them,
your Dreams Will Come True!




More to come!

LOVE,
KM

No comments:

Post a Comment